2 Days: 10:00am - 4:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Advanced Certificate
Contact us for group rates
The 2-day Adobe InDesign course is certified and authorised by Adobe and is designed to help you create beautiful layouts and highly sophisticated professional documents. The training is designed to give you a comprehensive and practical working knowledge of Adobe InDesign. InDesign is the premium software for anyone looking to create beautiful magazines, newsletters, reports, and other publications.
Day one of the course concentrates on building a document layout from scratch. Day two will explore more advanced layout and typographical controls, clipping paths, working with layers, creating multipage documents, and using Live PreFlight for trouble-free production and printing.
- Create documents from scratch
- Integrate graphics, images and text
- Work with multiple pages
- Optimise work for print and web
- Put into practice tips, shortcuts and good practice
- Utilise Free digital course assets
- Utilise Free post-course helpdesk support
INTRODUCING THE INDESIGN INTERFACE
- Changing the look and feel of InDesign — workspaces and interface options
- Introducing InDesign preferences
- Understanding application and document-wide preferences
- Using essential shortcuts
CREATING A NEW DOCUMENT
- Navigating the New Document dialogue box
- Choosing a document destination—Print, Web or Mobile
Saving and accessing presets
- Using Adobe-provided templates
- Creating and using frames
- Placing text
Selecting and editing text
- Placing graphics and images
- Using the Content Indicator
- Saving an InDesign document
- Handling missing fonts
- Using the Font Favourites feature
- Filtering Fonts by Class
- Choosing Similar Fonts
- Character-level formatting
- Paragraph-level formatting
- Using the Eyedropper tool
WORKING WITH STYLES
- Introducing Object styles
- Introducing Character and Paragraph styles
- Creating and applying styles
- Editing styles
- Loading attributes from other documents
- Highlighting and removing style overrides
WORKING WITH GRAPHICS
- An overview of different file formats
- Introduction to image resolution
- Placing multiple graphics and images
- Understanding the Links panel
- Using the Info panel
- Linking versus embedding assets
- Handling missing and modified assets
- An introduction to the Auto-fit functions
- Using stroke and fill options
- Creating colour swatches
- Creating and applying tints
- Sampling colours from images
MANAGING YOUR ASSETS
- Creating an Object Library
- Introduction to CC Libraries
USING LAYOUT CONTROLS
- Using rulers, grids and guides
- Smart guides and smart spacing
- Using layers effectively
- Understanding the notion of Gridify
- Introducing the Align Panel
- Selecting, arranging and grouping objects
- Using the Story Editor
- Introducing Find/Change
- Using the Spell Checker
WORKING WITH MASTER PAGES
- Introducing the Pages panel
- Creating and editing Masters
- Applying Master Pages
- Auto-numbering pages
- Adjusting margins and columns
- Introducing Numbering and Section options
- Targeting pages and spreads
WORKING WITH TRANSPARENCY
- Introducing the Effects panel
- Applying transparency
- Scaling objects vs contents
- Transforming objects
FINE-TUNING YOUR TEXT
- Threading and unthreading Text frames
- Multi-column Text frames
- Insetting copy within a Text frame
- Controlling the vertical position of the copy within a Text frame
- Wrapping text around images
EXPORTING YOUR DOCUMENT
- Exporting as a PDF
- Using pre-defined PDF presets
- Using Live PreFlight
- Packaging files for hand-off
This course will give you an excellent grounding in Adobe InDesign.
This is an introductory course for those new to page layout software and InDesign. Previous experience of Adobe InDesign is not needed to attend this course.
Offers and Concessions
Are you a charity or a group of 3?
Indicate it in the booking form and get 15% off your booking.
Are you a group of more than 3?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for our special rates.
Interested in a group booking, or want to know more?
All our courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Explore these three related courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
This was one of the best tailored training sessions I have received. I cannot wait to start using all the skills I have gained.
Wonderfully insightful training, the perfect blend of theory and practical tips!
John was very engaging. I learned a lot. This was a fantastic course and I will recommend it to my co-workers.