2 Days: 10:00am - 4:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Advanced Certificate
Contact us for group rates
The 2 day Adobe Authorised and Certified Photoshop course covers all major Photoshop features including compositing images, graphics and text, making colour corrections to an image, understanding resolution, creating a montage, using Photoshop filters, working with layers and channels and preparing images for use in print and the web.
Adobe Photoshop is the software of choice for professionals working with digital images. Whether you are using Photoshop for print or the web, this extremely popular course has proved to be the most efficient and effective way of getting started in Adobe Photoshop CC.
- Photoshop’s interface and workflow
- How to work with Layers
- Tone and colour correction
- Image retouching techniques
- Filters to add special effects
- Free digital course assets
- Free post-course helpdesk support
- The Photoshop interface
- Working with tabbed windows
- Image Navigation tools
- Using the History panel and multiple undo
- History brush and snapshots
- Working with Mini Bridge
THE CHARACTERISTICS OF A PHOTOSHOP FILE
- Pixels and paint programs
- Image resolution, dimensions and file size
- Understanding colour channels
- Understanding file formats
SETTING BASIC IMAGE CHARACTERISTICS
- Creating new documents
- Cropping and rotating artwork
- Changing image size
- Making colour mode conversions
- Saving and exporting files for web and print
- Upsampling low resolution images
CORRECTING AN IMAGE
- Understanding image Histograms
- Using the Levels command
- Adjusting colour balance
- Editing Hue and Saturation
- Replacing object colour
WORKING WITH SELECTIONS
- Lasso and marquee tools
- Quick Selection and Magic Wand tools
- Feathering selections
- Modifying selection shape
- Saving and loading selections
- Removing imperfections and unwanted details
- The Clone and Heal tools
- Healing Brush tools
- Content Aware retouching tools
WORKING WITH PAINT AND COLOUR
- Mixing and sampling colour
- The Paint Brush tools
- Working with Brush settings
- Adding solid colour fills
- Adding gradient fills
WORKING WITH LAYERS
- Building a multi-layered document
- Adding transparency to objects
- Moving, scaling and rotating layers
- Linking layers
- Locking and protecting layers
- Merging and flattening layers
- Exporting layered documents
CREATIVE TECHNIQUES USING LAYERS
- Layer opacity and blends
- Creating layer effects
- Shadow, glow and emboss effects
- Introducing layer masks
SHAPE AND TEXT LAYERS
- Vector shape layers
- Adjusting shape layer properties
- Working with the Text tool
- Character and paragraph formatting
SPECIAL EFFECTS WITH FILTERS
- Using Photoshop filters
- Sharpen and Blur filters
- Using the Liquify command
- Camera shake reduction in Photoshop CC
PRINTING AND OPTIMISING DOCUMENTS
- Printing from Photoshop
- The Save for Web and Devices command
- Image compression and optimisation settings
This Adobe authorised training course provides an ideal introduction to Adobe Photoshop CC. You need no previous experience to attend this course.
Offers and Concessions
Are you a charity or a group of 3?
Indicate it in the booking form and get 15% off your booking.
Are you a group of more than 3?
Contact us at email@example.com for our special rates.
Interested in a group booking, or want to know more?
All our courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Explore these three related courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
This was one of the best tailored training sessions I have received. I cannot wait to start using all the skills I have gained.
Wonderfully insightful training, the perfect blend of theory and practical tips!
John was very engaging. I learned a lot. This was a fantastic course and I will recommend it to my co-workers.