Effective Grammar and
1 Day: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Certificate
Contact us for group rates
The Effective Grammar and Punctuation short course will help you enhance your writing, avoid making common mistakes and brush up on tricky and ambiguous areas.
Clear, precise and concise written communication is important for your business. Good grammar and punctuation showcase your organisation in the best light and avoids miscommunication and confusion. Making the right impression on your clients is important in positioning your brand as credible and trustworthy.
The delivery of the training is practical, engaging and hands-on. Discussions and exercises are incorportaed in the training.
1. Essential rules of grammar and punctuation
- Subjects and objects
- Nouns and pronouns
- Verbs, adverbs and adjectives
- Subject and verb agreement
- Using different conjunctions
- Apostrophes and plurals
- Common punctuation mistakes
2. Sentences and paragraphs
- Structuring concise sentences
- Phrases and clauses
- Linking ideas
- Correct use of tense
- The passive and active tenses
4. Tips and tricks
- Avoiding tricky grammatical mistakes
- Commonly confused and misused words
This course is for you if you are looking to improve your grammar and brush up on tricky areas, making your writing more exciting, and improving the clarity and persuasiveness of your content.
- Tuesday 3rd October 2023 (In-Person)
- Tuesday 17th October 2023 (Online)
- Tuesday 31st October 2023 (In-Person)
- Tuesday 14th November 2023 (Online)
- Tuesday 28th November 2023 (In-Person)
- Tuesday 12th December 2023 (Online)
Offers and Concessions
The charity rate is a 15% discount.
Use code CHARITY15 to get 15% off your booking.
The group rate is a 15% discount for groups of 3.
Use code GROUP15 to get 15% off your booking.
If your group is more than 3,
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for our special rates.
Interested in a group booking, instalment payment, or want to know more?
All of our short courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Explore these three related short courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
I very much enjoyed this course. It included everything I wanted to know… I only wish it lasted longer!
The course has grounded me in a better understanding of the industry processes and interdependencies.
The course was really enjoyable and informative, and it was really helpful to gain a more formal understanding of grammar rules and editing techniques.