1 Day: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Certificate
Contact us for group rates
Events are impacted by poor planning, severe weather, security threats, and other unforeseen circumstances. Subsequent investigations invariably discover that not only were the events foreseeable and predictable but may have happened before. The training will help you manage events and be proactive in anticipating issues and managing risk.
We will examine implementable safety plans, evaluate their effectiveness, and the methods used to ensure safety measures are in place, whilst working alongside external agencies. The focus of the short course is on strategic and operational event planning considerations, and security measures. The training will help you develop the strategic skills necessary to consider risks and issues during large, medium, and small-scale events. Be prepared for events to avoid damaging your organisation’s reputation for when the unexpected should happen. Ensure that if you are involved in risk assessment or managing your brand, you are well prepared for all eventualities.
- Gain an understanding of event security and risk assessments
- Learn to identify safety issues and create contingency plans
- Coordinate with security and emergency services
- Develop plans for worse case scenarios with a proactive approach
- Planning for events on an operation and strategic levels
- Applying the principles of risk management to event planning
- Assessing the event risks for security threats for public safety and crowd management techniques
- Understanding how to co-ordinate the roles and responsibilities of organisers, suppliers, and emergency agencies
- Evaluating contingency planning – creating a contingency plan to mitigate risk
The course is suitable for anyone developing the strategic skills necessary to consider risks and issues during large, medium, and small-scale events. Be prepared for events, to avoid damaging your organisation’s reputation when the unexpected should happen.
It will equip you with the core skills required to ensure that you are well prepared for all eventualities if you are involved in risk assessment or managing your brand.
- Wednesday 4th October 2023 (Online)
- Wednesday 18th October 2023 (In-Person)
- Wednesday 1st November 2023 (Online)
- Wednesday 15th November 2023 (In-Person)
- Wednesday 29th November 2023 (Online)
- Wednesday 13th December 2023 (In-Person)
Offers and Concessions
The charity rate is a 15% discount.
Use code CHARITY15 to get 15% off your booking.
The group rate is a 15% discount for groups of 3.
Use code GROUP15 to get 15% off your booking.
If your group is more than 3,
Contact us at email@example.com for our special rates.
Interested in a group booking, instalment payment, or want to know more?
All of our short courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Explore these three related short courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
Thank you all for making me feel so welcome before and during the course.
Head of Communications
Very engaging session. I’m leaving with some very practical advice which I can implement straight away.
The course on crisis communication was very rich and armed me with a fresh perspective on the subject.