1 Day: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Certificate
Contact us for group rates
Events are impacted by poor planning, severe weather, security threats, and other unforeseen circumstances. Subsequent investigations invariably discover that not only were the events foreseeable and predictable but may have happened before. The training will help you manage events and be proactive in anticipating issues and managing risk.
We will examine implementable safety plans, evaluate their effectiveness, and the methods used to ensure safety measures are in place, whilst working alongside external agencies. The focus of the course is on strategic and operational event planning considerations, and security measures, The training will help you develop the strategic skills necessary to consider risks and issues during large, medium, and small-scale events. Be prepared for events to avoid damaging your organisation’s reputation for when the unexpected should happen. Ensure that if you are involved in risk assessment or managing your brand, you are well prepared for all eventualities.
- To gain an understanding of event security and risk assessments
- To learn to identify safety issues and create contingency plans
- To coordinate with security and emergency services
- To develop plans for worse case scenarios with a proactive approach
- Planning for events on an operation and strategic levels
- Applying the principles of risk management to event planning
- Assessing the event risks for security threats for public safety and crowd management techniques
- Understanding how to co-ordinate the roles and responsibilities of organisers, suppliers, and emergency agencies s
- Evaluating contingency planning – creating a contingency plan to mitigate risk
The course is suitable for anyone developing the strategic skills necessary to consider risks and issues during large, medium, and small-scale events. Be prepared for events to avoid damaging your organisation’s reputation when the unexpected should happen.
It will equip you with the core skills required to ensure that you are well prepared for all eventualities if you are involved in risk assessment or managing your brand.
Interested in a group booking, or want to know more?
All our courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Offers and Concessions
Interested in seeing what concessions may apply to you? Whether you are a charity or looking for group rates, we have special offers available to suit your circumstances and budgets.
Explore these three related courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
Thank you all for making me feel so welcome before and during the course.
Head of Communications
Very engaging session. I’m leaving with some very practical advice which I can implement straight away.
I enjoyed the course. The size of the group was small, so I could ask a lot of questions & relate it back to what I do.