Fundamentals of Media Strategy
5 Days: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Diploma
Contact us for group rates
The 5-day certified Fundamentals of Media Strategy and Communications diploma course uses frameworks, for creating structure for brand management and cohesive corporate identity, and developing strategic media communications plans.
Discover how to make informed decisions for your branding and media strategies, create communication campaigns, and pitch these ideas to stakeholders. You will explore how to evaluate the impact of the media and communications strategies.
- Understand the media landscape, and build your contacts with journalists
- Structure your PR strategies and campaigns
- Define the objectives for your brand’s media and communications strategy
- Develop your individual communications style, to build influence and rapport
- Structure your ideas for storytelling and develop the narrative and hooks to engage audiences
Day 1 Media Relations
- Understand the media landscape and how you can operate within it
- Build your contacts and relationships with the press
Day 2: PR Campaigns and Strategy
- Establishing the objectives of your PR campaigns – toolkit: SMART goals
- Creating successful internal communications strategies, to gain your team’s engagement and utilise their skills
Day 3: Communications Skills:
- Develop your communications strategy
- Build trust and credibility within your writing and build rapport with your audiences
- Message development, by delivering clear, positive messages via the press
- Harness the power of the written word on digital platforms
Day 4 Story-telling:
- Identify your organisation’s story and narrative and produce content that resonates with the media and your target audiences
Day 5: Media Planning and Press Writing
- Enhancing your relationship with the media and getting the timing right
- Writing persuasive and compelling press releases, that stand out from the crowd
The course is suitable for anyone working in marketing, PR, and communications and is involved in the process of making informed decisions for your branding strategies, whilst also developing a better presentation skill-set.
It will equip you with the ability to think critically and communicate effectively. There will be a focus on how business analysis helps reduce financial and reputational risk whilst providing a greater understanding of trends and an improved return on investment.
- Monday 11th December 2023 (In-Person)
- Monday 8th January 2024 (In-Person)
- Monday 22nd January 2024 (Online)
- Monday 5th February 2024 (In-Person)
- Monday 19th February 2024 (Online)
Offers and Concessions
The charity rate is a 15% discount.
Use code CHARITY15 to get 15% off your booking.
The group rate is a 15% discount for groups of 3.
Use code GROUP15 to get 15% off your booking.
If your group is more than 3,
Contact us at email@example.com for our special rates.
Interested in a group booking, instalment payment, or want to know more?
All of our short courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Explore these three related short courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
An amazing experience! I have learned so much and I am excited to go back to work.
Head of Communications
Thank you all for making me feel so welcome before and during the course.
Head of Communications
Really enjoyed the session! Great to be learning from such well-informed professionals who have a great experience to share.