Fundamentals of Media Strategy
5 Days: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Diploma
Contact us for group rates
The 5-day certified Diploma Fundamentals of Media Strategy and Communications course provides useful frameworks to manage strong brands, create a cohesive corporate identity, and create strategic media communications plans. Discover how to make informed decisions for your branding and media strategies, create communication campaigns, and pitch these ideas to stakeholders confidently. In addition, you will learn how to evaluate options for business and contribute to organisational performance.
- Understanding different types of risk and exploring the benefits of early risk management and intervention in avoiding a crisis
- To define your communication and media relations objectives
- To develop your individual style and charisma, to build influence and rapport with audiences To refine your target audience segments and behaviours
- To understand the different types of media and build your contacts with journalists
- To choose the right story and apply effective storytelling skills
- To establish the key elements of storytelling
- To create narrative patterns
- Understanding the media landscape and how you can operate within it
- Building your contacts and relationships with the press
- Improving your communications skills
- Producing stories and content that resonate with the media and target audiences
- Creating a strong PR angle and delivering clear, positive messages via the press
- Harnessing the power of influencers for your clients
- Creating a strong and positive first impression
- Understanding and using body language to create impact, style and influence
- Exploring the different types of media
- Understanding how to create your media contact list and building your relationship with journalists
- Identifying your goals and objectives
- Understanding why we love stories and what makes a great story
- Identifying your organisation’s story and narrative
The course is suitable for anyone working in marketing, PR, and communications and is involved in the process of making informed decisions for your branding strategies whilst also developing a better presentation skill-set.
It will equip you with the ability to think critically and communicate effectively.There will be a focus on how business analysis helps reduce financial and reputational risk whilst providing a greater understanding of trends and an improved return on investment.
Interested in a group booking, or want to know more?
All our courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Offers and Concessions
Interested in seeing what concessions may apply to you? Whether you are a charity or looking for group rates, we have special offers available to suit your circumstances and budgets.
Explore these three related courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
An amazing experience! I have learned so much and I am excited to go back to work.
Head of Communications
Thank you all for making me feel so welcome before and during the course.
Head of Communications
Really enjoyed the session! Great to be learning from such well-informed professionals who have a great experience to share.