Fundamentals of Risk Management and Crisis Communications
5 Days: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Diploma
Contact us for group rates
As organisations face a growing number of global and strategic challenges, the need for responsible leadership and good governance continues to rise. There is a real need to have people able to handle risk situations and manage a crisis in order to avoid damaging the business’s reputation and be prepared for all eventualities.
It is inevitable that at some stage your organisation will encounter risk and crisis situations. Having robust risk and crisis plans in place is essential. Learn to prepare for a crisis, develop a crisis plan and assemble a crisis team. Improve your understanding of risk management and understand how to prepare a risk assessment of your organisation by correctly assessing and quantifying threats. You will learn how to minimise risk by reviewing current issues, trends, and risk situations.
Throughout the training, there is an emphasis on the practical elements of risk analysis and crisis planning, including how and when to put your crisis plan into action and how to keep your communications strategy flexible and updated. The course is designed to give attendees real-life skills and capabilities that are immediately transferable to their workplace environment.
- To manage your crisis communications
- To enhance internal communications and engagement
- To manage the risk factors when event planning
- To understand how to manage risk and implement a crisis plan
- To prepare for media handling during a crisis
Day 1 – Planning your Crisis Communications
- Exploring the benefits of early risk management and intervention in avoiding a crisis
- Integrating your internal communications to your crisis planning Using effective internal communications to deliver key message during times of change
Day 2 – Planning for Event Security
- Introduction to event security
- Applying the principles of risk management to event planning
- Assessing the event risks
Day 3 – Internal Communications
- Enhancing internal communications and engagement
- Exploring different approaches and systems for internal communications
- Improving your listening skills and tackling performance problems effectively
- Setting clear objectives through clear and consistent messages
- Team-building and cohesive working relationships
Day 4 – Risk and Crisis Management
- Managing risk and minimise damage to the reputation of the brand
- Identifying and develop issue management plans and analysis
- Engaging and communicate difficult issues with key stakeholders
- Developing an effective media communications plan
Day 5 – Crisis Media Handling
- Media handling during a crisis using the best practice in media interviews
- Different types of media interviews, including media briefings and press conferences
- Framing and staying on message during an interview
- Preparing crisis messages – being proactive and not reactive
- Giving interviews under pressure and dealing with difficult and tricky questions
The course is suitable for anyone working in marketing, PR, and communications, in-house, or consulting agency and is involved in risk assessment or managing your brand’s reputation.
It will equip you with the core skills required to prepare for the unexpected and proactively anticipate risk and effectively handle a crisis to protect the brand’s reputation.
You will learn how to minimise risk by reviewing current issues, trends, and risk situations.
Do you have any questions?
Find Out More
All our courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Offers and Concessions
Interested in seeing what concessions may apply to you? Whether you are a charity or looking for group rates, we have special offers available to suit your circumstances and budgets.
Explore these three related courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
Thank you all for making me feel so welcome before and during the course.
Head of Communications
Very engaging session. I’m leaving with some very practical advice which I can implement straight away.
I enjoyed the course. The size of the group was small, so I could ask a lot of questions & relate it back to what I do.