1 Day: 10:00am - 4:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Certificate
Contact us for group rates
Google Ads is a powerful, flexible and data-driven course, giving you high levels of management control – but correctly understanding how to use the platform is vital if you want to achieve the best results from PPC advertising for your business.
Learn the fundamentals of Google Ads, from planning your campaign strategy to campaign setup, ads, keywords, and optimisation.
Discover how to create, develop and optimise a professional Google AdWords campaign that sends high-quality traffic to your website.
- How to use the interface
- How Ads work on Google
- Planning a simple campaign
- Keyword research and selection
- Creating an Ad
- Logging in to Ads / Creating an account
- Walking through the interface
- Basic account administration
- Changing and showing different columns in reports
OVERVIEW OF HOW ADS WORK
- What is PPC advertising
- How does Google operate Ads
- What different kind of Ads can I create
- How does Google select and rank the Ads it shows
- What is Quality Score and why is it important
UNDERSTANDING ACCOUNT STRUCTURE
- Account level settings and billing
- What is a campaign
- What is an Ad Group and how do I use it
- Where do Ads live in my account
- What is the relationship between Ads and Keywords
- About status (enabled, paused, removed)
HISTORICAL AD PERFORMANCE
- The overview report
- Which keywords are working well
- Which ads are working well
- Overview of conversions
PLANNING A SIMPLE CAMPAIGN
- Pre planning your campaign
- Defining your landing page
- Thinking about some keywords
- Planning your campaign settings* – Budget, Bid, Geography, Language, Scheduling, Audience
- Planning your Ad content* – General ideas on good copy for Ads
- Planning your Extensions
KEYWORD RESEARCH AND SELECTION
- About the keyword planner
- Assessing keywords and traffic projections
- A better idea of costs and budget
- Adding words to a keyword plan
- Projected plan performance
- Adjusting Max CPC to hit targets
- Refining keywords with match modifiers
- About negative keywords
- Moving your plan into your account
CARRYING OUT YOUR CAMPAIGN PLAN
- Adding a new search campaign to Ads and setting a key objective
- Allocating budget and setting bid method
- Working through the campaign settings
- Adding an Adgroup and your keywords
CREATING AN AD
- Ad your ad copy (headings and descriptions)
- Insert the Final URL
- Adding the page path
- Assigning any extensions
Whether you are a marketing specialist, a small business owner or just entering the industry, this course is perfect for giving you practical knowledge and valuable insights on how Google Ads fits into your company’s overall branding strategy and marketing plan and how you can use it to increase the quality of your inbound traffic.
The course will benefit you whether your role is entry-level, evolving, or a more senior role is opening to you.
Interested in a group booking, or want to know more?
All our courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Offers and Concessions
Interested in seeing what concessions may apply to you? Whether you are a charity or looking for group rates, we have special offers available to suit your circumstances and budgets.
Explore these three related courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
This was one of the best tailored training sessions I have received. I cannot wait to start using all the skills I have gained.
Wonderfully insightful training, the perfect blend of theory and practical tips!
John was very engaging. I learned a lot. This was a fantastic course and I will recommend it to my co-workers.