1 Day: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Certificate
Contact us for group rates
The 1-day Essentials of Podcasting Certificated course is highly practical and packed full of useful information to get you on the road to producing your own professional podcasts. The Podcasting course will help you to create, edit, deliver and promote your podcast. The course also provides useful hints and tips from industry experts on producing professional and effective results.
- Get the right ideas and the right format for your podcast
- Understand the practicalities of what equipment you will need
- Understand what software is needed
- Learn how to achieve a professional recording and sound quality
- Understand your audience and their needs
- Prepare a professional delivery of your podcast
- Learn the post-production process of editing, sound effects, and compression
- Know how to output your podcast on different media, website, RSS feeds, and security issues
- Know how to promote and market your podcast
WHAT IS A PODCAST AND IDEAS FOR YOUR PODCAST?
What can you do with podcasts
Getting the right ideas for suitable podcasts
Examples of effective podcasts
What equipment do I need?
What software is best for me?
Recording software options
RECORDING A PODCAST
Recording your material
Which microphone to use
Microphone best practice
Including sound effects
Using audio software
Basic editing techniques
Editing tips and tricks
Different file formats
OUTPUTTING A PODCAST
- Saving to different media
- Uploading to a website
Understanding data rates
- Security issues
- RSS feeds
- Using an RSS template file
- Ready-made Podcast solutions
PROMOTING YOUR PODCAST
- Using PR and marketing techniques to promote and create reach for your podcast
- Using iTunes to publicise your podcast
- Podcast sites
This course is perfect for people who want to learn helpful information to get you on the road to producing your own professional podcasts. You do not need previous experience to attend this course.
Interested in a group booking, or want to know more?
All our courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Offers and Concessions
Interested in seeing what concessions may apply to you? Whether you are a charity or looking for group rates, we have special offers available to suit your circumstances and budgets.
Explore these three related courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
This was one of the best tailored training sessions I have received. I cannot wait to start using all the skills I have gained.
Wonderfully insightful training, the perfect blend of theory and practical tips!
John was very engaging. I learned a lot. This was a fantastic course and I will recommend it to my co-workers.