1 Day: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Certificate
Contact us for group rates
The practical Strategic Decision-Making course will thoroughly prepare attendees to create and implement successful strategies, which give organisations a competitive advantage. The concept of a strategy as a plan that guides managerial decisions is central to the training.
This course will also develop problem-solving skills and confidence to make well-thought-out, informed, and comprehensive decisions.
The training will be supported throughout, with thought-provoking, up-to-date case studies about actual companies from various industries. The idea is that attendees explore real-life examples in understanding the scenarios, issues, and concepts. This will allow them to gain real insights into best practices.
- The mechanisms and psychology of decision-making
- Decision-making strategies that align with visions, values, and culture
- Effective communication strategies for decision-making
- Use of analytical reasoning to evaluate competitive and risk scenarios
PART I – THE PROCESS OF DECISION-MAKING
- Understanding the psychology of decision making
- Cognitive biases and limitations and how to use this information when making decisions
- Balancing risk and reward
- How to think about decisions: thinking about objectives and preferences, uncertainties, risks, and options
PART 2 – CREATING STRATEGIES FOR DECISION-MAKING
- Making a distinction between decisions and problems
- Learning how to analyse decisional options
- Defining and creating strategic models for decision-making
- Implementing strategies
- Understanding problem-solving theory and practice, including creative approaches
PART 3 – COMMUNICATING DECISIONS
- Understanding the importance of leadership in implementing successful strategies
- Reflecting the styles of the organisation and management
- Matching the medium to the message
- Incorporating evaluation and feedback in the process of decision-making
PART 4 – STRATEGIES FOR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE WITHIN YOUR TEAMS
- Decisive, speedy and consistent decision-making
- Identify internal and external issues and risks factors
- Incorporate strategic flexibility and change management, to respond to internal and external changes and pressures
- Action plans to take things forward
The practical and highly stimulating Strategic Decision-Making course has been created for managers who want to succeed and be more effective in their roles.
The idea is that delegates explore real-life examples in understanding the decision-making aspect of strategic planning. This will allow them to gain real insights into best practices.
By the end of the training, delegates will go away with inspiring new ideas, more confidence in problem-solving, and tools to put into practice.
Interested in a group booking, or want to know more?
All our courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Offers and Concessions
Interested in seeing what concessions may apply to you? Whether you are a charity or looking for group rates, we have special offers available to suit your circumstances and budgets.
Explore these three related courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
A well-organised event with a great tutor, on a subject that is incredibly important.
Head of Facilities
I enjoyed the course. The size of the group was small, so I could ask a lot of questions & relate it back to what I do.
Very instructive. Well informed. Intelligent group of delegates. Great teamwork exercises.