2 Days: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Advanced Certificate
Contact us for group rates
The 2 day certified User Experience Design UXD course explores designing a website or application to attract the intended target g audiences and user groups. By learning this skill, we will help you understand users’ problems and ways to address them, integrate visual aspects with application goals, gain effective testing techniques, and more.
UXD studies and evaluates how users feel about the product, looking at such things as ease of use, aesthetics, perception of the system’s value, utility, or efficiency.
UX designers explore and test out various approaches to solving specific user problems.
The broad responsibility of a UX designer is to ensure that the product logically flows from one step to the next. They also constantly develop software to keep up with technological advancements and increase user satisfaction.
This course will teach you to create well-crafted, easy-to-use websites that encourage users to return.
- Benchmark design decisions
- Create sitemaps and wireframing
- Card sorting techniques
- Prototyping using Adobe XD/Invision
- Inclusive design techniques
Day 1 – UNDERSTANDING USABILITY
- An introduction – what is user centric design?
- Research techniques – how to do effective user interviews?
- What are the needs and goals of your users?
- Defining personas for your users
- Creating user journeys
WHAT MAKES A GOOD USER EXPERIENCE AND WHY?
- Understand how people use and think about a website/app/software
- Why and how to benchmark your design decisions
- What are sitemaps?
- Why are they important?
- What can they be used for?
- How to create sitemaps using Adobe XD
CARD SORTING TECHNIQUES
- What is card sorting?
- Identify trends and potential content categories for your website/app
- Design menu structure and website navigation paths from results
- What is wireframing?
- The importance of hierarchy
- What are modules?
- How to illustrate interactions using Adobe XD
- How to create and annotate wireframes using Adobe XD
- Tips to speed up your workflow
PROTOTYPING USING ADOBE XD AND INVISION
- What is prototyping and why do we do it?
- Sketches, wireframes, mockups
- The difference between Medium and High Fidelity Prototypes
Day 2 – UI DESIGN
- The difference between UX and UI design
- How they work together
INCLUSIVE DESIGN TECHNIQUES AND ACCESSIBILITY PRINCIPLES
- Points of exclusion
- Situational challenges
- Personal biases
- Different ways to engage
- Equivalent experiences
- Extend the solution to everyone
- How does responsive design work?
- What does Mobile First mean and when is it useful?
- How to wire frame for different devices
- How interactive modules might need to adapt for different devices
DIFFERENT WAYS OF TESTING YOUR DESIGN
- How to conduct a User Test on your site
- How to use A/B Testing to get insights into visitor behaviour
- Understanding Multivariate Testing and how to use it
- Introducing new layouts vs learned behaviour
- How creative interactions enhance the user experience
If you are working as a UX designer, or just entering the industry then this course is perfect for giving you the essential practical tools to create well-crafted, easy-to-use websites that encourage users to return.
This course will teach you how to keep up with technological advancements and increase user satisfaction.
Interested in a group booking, or want to know more?
All our courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Offers and Concessions
Interested in seeing what concessions may apply to you? Whether you are a charity or looking for group rates, we have special offers available to suit your circumstances and budgets.
Explore these three related courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
This was one of the best tailored training sessions I have received. I cannot wait to start using all the skills I have gained.
Wonderfully insightful training, the perfect blend of theory and practical tips!
John was very engaging. I learned a lot. This was a fantastic course and I will recommend it to my co-workers.