Branding and Media Skills
for PR Professionals
5 Days: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Diploma
Contact us for group rates
By developing a framework to manage strong brands, establishing a cohesive corporate identity, and formulating strategic media communications plans, you can ensure your brand is noticed for all the right reasons.
Discover how to make informed decisions for your branding and media strategies, create communication campaigns and how to confidently pitch these ideas to stakeholders. Learn how to evaluate options for business and contribute to organisational performance. There will be a focus on how business analysis helps reduce financial and reputational risk, whilst providing a greater understanding of trends and an improved return on investment.
You will receive training from leading experts to help you make informed decisions for your branding strategies, and also develop your presentation skill-set.
- Build reputation through trust and transparency into the brand
- Develop a strategy from product to brand
- Gain insight into tools for strategic and financial analysis, to help the process of decision making and setting appropriate goals and objectives
- Grow brand equity and competitor advantage
- Deliver a presentation that leaves lasting positive impressions
- Strategise communication campaigns
Day 1 – Branding and Reputation Management
- Creating effective strategies to build your product or service into a desirable brand
- Understanding how the visual tangible and non-physical intangible elements of the brand shape perception
- Delving deeper into the intangibles: how they impact the reputation and create meaning and identity for the brand
- Exploring reputation management strategies
- Communication strategies for positioning your brand to create loyalty and trust
Day 2 – PR Strategies and Campaigns
- Establishing your PR goals and objectives
- Creating successful internal communications strategies, to gain maximum engagement
- Identifying your external audiences, and establishing engagement
- Using SMART objectives to achieve your PR goals
- Planning your budgeting, in terms of human and other resources, for the best outcomes
- Evaluating and measuring the success of your campaigns
Day 3 – Presenting and Pitching Skills
- Creating a strong and positive first impression
- Understanding and using body language to create impact, style and influence
- Using your voice to create impact and emphasis
- Understanding your audience, building trust and rapport
- Listening and applying emotional intelligence
- Keeping to message
- Anticipating questions and preparing answers
Day 4 – Analytical tools for PR professionals
- Understanding financial analysis tools
- Exploring competitor analysis to gain competitor advantage
- Exploring strategic insights, by applying Five Forces industry analysis
- Using strategic macroeconomic analysis (PESTEL) to manage decision making around the external environmental trends
- Applying the strategic tool of the value chain to analyse internal activities and understanding which goals are the most valuable
- Utilising win/loss strategic analysis to de-construct how companies market and sell their products and services.
Day 5 – Media Relations and Press Release Writing
- Exploring the different types of media
- Understanding how to create your media contact list and building your relationship with journalists
- Writing persuasive and compelling press releases
- Making your press release stand out from the crowd and getting the timing right
- Developing media strategies that produce results
- Framing and reframing messages to position your brand effectively
It is ideal for anyone working in branding who would like to create a strategic approach to communications through the various media platforms. This course helps you develop your skills as a well-equipped public relations practitioner, with the ability to think critically and communicate effectively.
Offers and Concessions
The charity rate is a 15% discount.
Use code CHARITY15 to get 15% off your booking.
The group rate is a 15% discount for groups of 3.
Use code GROUP15 to get 15% off your booking.
If your group is more than 3,
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for our special rates.
Interested in a group booking, instalment payment, or want to know more?
All of our short courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Explore these three related short courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
I was trained by an institution capable of turning the teaching and learning process into a truly memorable experience. My new journey starts with you LSPR! Thank you for everything.
Oana Violeta Tiron
Assistant Project Manager
Diana’s PR campaign course was so thorough and useful. I’ve come away from the course feeling a lot more confident!”
Really enjoyed the session! Great to be learning from such well-informed professionals who have a great experience to share.