Branding and Media Skills
for PR Professionals
5 Days: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Diploma
Contact us for group rates
Developing a framework to manage strong brands, creating a cohesive corporate identity, and formulating strategic media communications plans, ensures your brand is noticed for all the right reasons.
Discover how to make informed decisions for your branding and media strategies, create communication campaigns and how to confidently pitch these ideas to stakeholders. Learn how to evaluate options for business and contribute to organisational performance. There will be a focus on how business analysis helps reduce financial and reputational risk whilst providing a greater understanding of trends and an improved return on investment.
You will be trained by leading experts in the process of making informed decisions for your branding strategies, whilst also developing a better presentation skill-set.
- To build reputation through trust and transparency into the brand
- To develop your brand from product to brand
- To understand strategic and financial analysis tools to help the process of decision making and in setting the right goals and objectives
- To grow band equity and competitor advantage
- To deliver a presentation that leaves lasting positive impressions
- To strategies communications campaigns
Day 1 – Branding and Reputation Management
- Creating effective strategies to build your product or service into a desirable brand
- Understanding how the visual tangible and non-physical intangible elements of the brand shape perception
- Delving deeper into the intangibles: how they impact the reputation and create meaning and identity for the brand
- Exploring reputation management strategies
- Communication strategies for positioning your brand to create loyalty and trust
Day 2 – PR Strategies and Campaigns
- Establishing your PR goals and objectives
- Creating successful internal communications strategies, to gain maximum engagement
- Identifying your external audiences, and establishing engagement
- Using SMART objectives to achieve your PR goals
- Planning your budgeting, in terms of human and other resources, for the best outcomes
- Evaluating and measuring the success of your campaigns
Day 3 – Presenting and Pitching Skills
- Creating a strong and positive first impression
- Understanding and using body language to create impact, style and influence
- Using your voice to create impact and emphasis
- Understanding your audience, building trust and rapport
- Listening and applying emotional intelligence
- Keeping to message
- Anticipating questions and preparing answers
Day 4 – Analytical tools for PR professionals
- Understanding financial analysis tools
- Exploring competitor analysis to gain competitor advantage
- Exploring strategic insights, by applying Five Forces industry analysis
- Using strategic macroeconomic analysis (PESTEL) to manage decision making around the external environmental trends
- Applying the strategic tool of the value chain to analyse internal activities and understanding which goals are the most valuable
- Utilising win/loss strategic analysis to de-construct how companies market and sell their products and services.
Day 5 – Media Relations and Press Release Writing
- Exploring the different types of media
- Understanding how to create your media contact list and building your relationship with journalists
- Writing persuasive and compelling press releases
- Making your press release stand out from the crowd and getting the timing right
- Developing media strategies that produce results
- Framing and re-framing messages to position your brand effectively
It is suitable for anyone working in branding and would like to create a strategic approach to communications through the various media platforms. This course helps you develop your skills as a well-equipped public relations practitioner, with the ability to think critically and communicate effectively.
Interested in a group booking, or want to know more?
All our courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Offers and Concessions
Interested in seeing what concessions may apply to you? Whether you are a charity or looking for group rates, we have special offers available to suit your circumstances and budgets.
Explore these three related courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
An amazing experience! I have learned so much and I am excited to go back to work.
Head of Communications
Diana’s PR campaign course was so thorough and useful. I’ve come away from the course feeling a lot more confident!”
Really enjoyed the session! Great to be learning from such well-informed professionals who have a great experience to share.