Essentials of Management
5 Days: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Diploma
Contact us for group rates
Managers need solutions to real-life issues. They need the confidence and ability to drive development plans forward, bring people with them and achieve greater, sustainable levels of success. In today’s challenging environment, the demands and pressure on managers at all levels of a business are more complex than ever before. The Essentails of Management and Leadership ML01 Diploma course will explore improving your skills, effeciency and performance at the individual, team and organsiation levels.
Managers need the skills to drive change, plan and influence others. The course will help you focus on building your practical know-how around the fundamental skills required of managers and leaders of today. Highly practical and discussion focused, we will keep you engaged on each of the five days of your management training.
- To enhance your management and leadership skills to handle complex challenges
- To motivate your team and seek ways to improve their performance
- To improve internal communications for enhanced working relationships and performance
- To manage conflict resolution and encourage a culture of collaboration
- To implement a successful system to support appraisals and the achievement of KPIS
Day I – Effective Management Skills
- The roles, responsibilities, and complexities of the manager
- Exploring management and leadership styles
- Understanding how to identify your own style and self-development
- Setting SMART objectives to achieve goals
Day 2 – Motivating Effective Teams
- Techniques to develop team performance
- Developing core skills and abilities within your team
- The role of leadership in your team
- Techniques of motivating your team members and maximising performance
Day 3 – Internal Communications
- Enhancing internal communications and engagement
- Exploring different approaches and systems for internal communications
- Improving your listening skills and tackle performance problems effectively
- Setting clear objectives through clear and consistent messages
- Positive team-building and cohesive working relationships
Day 4 – Managing Conflict and Collaboration
- Understanding the sources of conflict
- Identifying individual responses to conflict
- Implementing pre-emptive conflict resolution techniques
- Using influencing styles to enhance collaboration
Day 5 – KPIs and Appraisal Systems
- Setting KPIs and benchmarking on targets and performance
- Understanding the tools needed and benefits of running appraisal meetings Confidently plan and prepare for a successful review meeting
- Preparing and overcoming nerves around appraisal meetings
- Giving and receiving feedback in managing performance with practice using role-play
- Putting into action appraisals that are engaging and two-way
This course is suitable for you if you want to elevate your management and leadership skills and apply them more successfully to your role. It is designed to help you acquire an in-depth knowledge of the different approaches and techniques that leaders should utilise, to get the most out of themselves.
LSPR Professional Development Diploma. The Diploma is recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certification Service: http://www.cpduk.co.uk
Interested in a group booking, or want to know more?
All our courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Offers and Concessions
Interested in seeing what concessions may apply to you? Whether you are a charity or looking for group rates, we have special offers available to suit your circumstances and budgets.
Explore these three related courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
A well-organised event with a great tutor, on a subject that is incredibly important.
Head of Facilities
I enjoyed the course. The size of the group was small, so I could ask a lot of questions & relate it back to what I do.
Very instructive. Well informed. Intelligent group of delegates. Great teamwork exercises.
Want to know more?
Book a free 15-minute chat with one of our advisors