1 Day: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Certificate
Contact us for group rates
The 1-day practical Copy Editing certified short course will help you gain the specific knowledge and practical skills needed to copy edit, proofread and re-write to a high standard. The course is suitable for anyone required to produce high-end content, within a communcations role or in publishing. The training will help you to approach content analytically and critically, allowing you to spot errors and have the confidence to re-work text into concise, precise, and compelling editorial copy.
Learn the flow of a copy editor from start to end, whilst focusing on essential aspects of the role, such as grammar, spelling, and common mistakes in punctuation. Learn the techniques of writing compelling copy, interesting headlines, and producing content that works. A brief review of the benefits of a style guide will be discussed during the session.
- Use copy editing and proofreading techniques for workflow from first drafts to the finished piece
- Brush up on spelling, decipher grammatical pitfalls and spot punctuation mistakes
- Improve your style of writing for compelling, and precise content
- Understand the benefits of an effective house style guide
INTRODUCTION TO COPY EDITNG:
- Workflow from raw copy to your final product
- Copy-Editing and writing techniques for effective communications
SPELLING, GRAMMAR AND PUNTUATION
- Common mistakes and tricky spelling
- Spotting incorrect and inconsistent grammar
- Correcting punctuation errors
ELEMENTS OF STYLE
- Making dry, dense copy easy and interesting to read
- Writing catchy headlines, intros, captions and avoiding clichés
- Components of a house style guide and its benefits
- How to establish and maintain a clear style guide
The course is suitable for proofreaders looking to enhance their freelancing opportunities, those within publishing houses, working in communications, content producers, or those who have done some editing work but lack formal training.
- Wednesday 13th December 2023 (In-Person)
- Wednesday 10th January 2024 (In-Person)
- Wednesday 24th January 2024 (Online)
- Wednesday 7th February 2024 (In-Person)
- Wednesday 21st February 2024 (Online)
Offers and Concessions
The charity rate is a 15% discount.
Use code CHARITY15 to get 15% off your booking.
The group rate is a 15% discount for groups of 3.
Use code GROUP15 to get 15% off your booking.
If your group is more than 3,
Contact us at email@example.com for our special rates.
Interested in a group booking, instalment payment, or want to know more?
All of our short courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Explore these three related short courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
I very much enjoyed this course. It included everything I wanted to know… I only wish it lasted longer!
The course has grounded me in a better understanding of the industry processes and interdependencies.
The course was really enjoyable and informative, and it was really helpful to gain a more formal understanding of grammar rules and editing techniques.