1 Day: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Certificate
Contact us for group rates
The 1-day practical Copy Editing certified course will help you gain the specific knowledge and practical skills needed to copy edit, proofread and re-write to a high standard. The course is suitable for anyone required to produce high-end content, within a communcations role or in publishing. The training will help you to approach content analytically and critically, allowing you to spot errors and have the confidence to re-work text into concise, precise, and compelling editorial copy.
Learn the flow of a copy editor from start to end, whilst focusing on essential aspects of the role, such as grammar, spelling, and common mistakes in punctuation. Learn the techniques of writing compelling copy, interesting headlines, and producing content that works. A brief review of the benefits of a style guide will be discussed during the session.
- Use copy editing and proofreading techniques for workflow from first drafts to the finished piece
- Brush up on spelling, decipher grammatical pitfalls and spot punctuation mistakes
- Improve your style of writing for compelling, and precise content
- Understand the benefits of an effective house style guide
INTRODUCTION TO COPY EDITNG:
- Workflow from raw copy to your final product
- Copy-Editing and writing techniques for effective communications
SPELLING, GRAMMAR AND PUNTUATION
- Common mistakes and tricky spelling
- Spotting incorrect and inconsistent grammar
- Correcting punctuation errors
ELEMENTS OF STYLE
- Making dry, dense copy easy and interesting to read
- Writing catchy headlines, intros, captions and avoiding clichés
- Components of a house style guide and its benefits
- How to establish and maintain a clear style guide
The course is suitable for proofreaders looking to enhance their freelancing opportunities, those within publishing houses, working in communications, content producers, or those who have done some editing work but lack formal training.
LSPR Professional Development Certificate. The Certificate is recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certification Service: http://www.cpduk.co.uk
Interested in a group booking, or want to know more?
All our courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Offers and Concessions
Interested in seeing what concessions may apply to you? Whether you are a charity or looking for group rates, we have special offers available to suit your circumstances and budgets.
Explore these three related courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
I very much enjoyed this course. It included everything I wanted to know… I only wish it lasted longer!
The course has grounded me in a better understanding of the industry processes and interdependencies.
Really enjoyed the session! Great to be learning from such well-informed professionals who have a great experience to share.
Want to know more?
Book a free 15-minute chat with one of our advisors