1 Day: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Certificate
Contact us for group rates
The 1-day CPD accredited Crisis Communications short course will focus on how to formulate a crisis management plan and how to relate the plan to both internal and external communications. The training will help you understand the necessary actions to take in order to prepare messaging and communications plans, ensuring readiness for risk and crisis situations. Being able to communicate in the right way during and after a crisis can determine the overall outcome of the situation and the impact on your company.
Ensure your communication function is primed to respond rapidly and effectively in a crisis to manage your business’s most valuable asset: its reputation.
- Formulate and plan your messaging and crisis communications plans
- Identify when incident and crisis communication plans should be used and when to stand down
- Use crisis communications plans to drive internal communication
- Plan for effective crisis communications through the media
- Understanding different types of risk and exploring the benefits of early risk management and intervention in avoiding a crisis
- Preparing a crisis communications plan and manual
- Integrating your internal communications strategies to your crisis planning
- Preparing robust media messages and understanding how to manage your communications with the media during a crisis
If you are working in PR and communications, in-house or as part of a consultancy, or looking to enter the industry, then this course is perfect in giving you the essential practical tools to handle your role in PR. The training highlights the strategic role and scope of the PR practitioner and provides an excellent grounding in the fundamentals of PR. The course will benefit you whether your role is entry level, evolving, or a more senior role is opening to you.
In summary, it will appeal to you if you are working in any field of public relations (for example running successful PR campaigns, media relations, internal, external communications, CSR, sustainability, risk, planning, crisis management, events, or stakeholder engagement). Through this course, you can show that you are committed to your professional development and can operate at a strategic level.
- Monday 2nd October 2023 (Online)
- Monday 16th October 2023 (In-Person)
- Monday 30th October 2023 (Online)
- Monday 13th November 2023 (In-Person)
- Monday 27th November 2023 (Online)
- Monday 11th December 2023 (In-Person)
Offers and Concessions
The charity rate is a 15% discount.
Use code CHARITY15 to get 15% off your booking.
The group rate is a 15% discount for groups of 3.
Use code GROUP15 to get 15% off your booking.
If your group is more than 3,
Contact us at email@example.com for our special rates.
Interested in a group booking, instalment payment, or want to know more?
All of our short courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Explore these three related short courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
Thank you all for making me feel so welcome before and during the course.
Head of Communications
Very engaging session. I’m leaving with some very practical advice which I can implement straight away.
The course on crisis communication was very rich and armed me with a fresh perspective on the subject.