1 Day: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Certificate
Contact us for group rates
Being able to communicate in the right way during and after a crisis can determine the overall outcome of the situation and the impact on your company. We will focus on the key elements of crisis communications, how to formulate a crisis management plan and how to relate the plan to both internal and external communications. The training will help you explore how to prepare messaging and communications plans in readiness for risk and crisis situations.
Ensure your communication function is primed to respond rapidly and effectively in a crisis to manage your business’ most valuable asset: its reputation.
- To formulate and plan your messaging and crisis communications plans
- To identify when incident and crisis communication plans should be used and when to stand down
- To use crisis communications plans to drive internal communication
- Planning for effective crisis communications through the media
- Understanding different types of risk and exploring the benefits of early risk management and intervention in avoiding a crisis
- Preparing a crisis communications plan and manual
- Integrating your internal communications strategies to your crisis planning
- Preparing robust media messages and understanding how to manage your communications with the media during a crisis
If you are working in PR and communications, in-house or as part of a consultancy, or looking to enter the industry, then this course is perfect in giving you the essential practical tools to handle your role in PR. The training highlights the strategic role and scope of the PR practitioner and provides an excellent grounding in the fundamentals of PR. The course will benefit you whether your role is entry level, evolving, or a more senior role is opening to you.
In summary, I will appeal to you if you are working in any field of public relations (for example running successful PR campaigns, media relations, internal, external communications, CSR, Sustainability, risk, planning, crisis management, events, or stakeholder engagement). With this course, you can show that you are committed to your professional development and can operate at a strategic level.
Interested in a group booking, or want to know more?
All our courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Offers and Concessions
Interested in seeing what concessions may apply to you? Whether you are a charity or looking for group rates, we have special offers available to suit your circumstances and budgets.
Explore these three related courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
Thank you all for making me feel so welcome before and during the course.
Head of Communications
Very engaging session. I’m leaving with some very practical advice which I can implement straight away.
I enjoyed the course. The size of the group was small, so I could ask a lot of questions & relate it back to what I do.