Media Relations and
Press Release Writing
1 Day: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Certificate
Contact us for group rates
Managing your media relations and engagement is an essential skill for PR professionals. Learning how to enhance your relationship with the press and writing stand-out press releases are the building blocks for communicating your brand effectively.
Whilst you are on the course, you will look at identifying the most suitable types of media for your brand, how to build your media contacts and how to structure and write newsworthy and compelling press releases. You will also learn how to strategically plan your media campaigns.
- To understand the different types of media and build your contacts with journalists
- To write effective press releases
- To write press releases with the correct structure, balance, tone, and style
- To develop a successful media strategy
- To make social media work for your media campaigns
- How to frame your branding messages within your media communications
- Exploring the different types of media
- Understanding how to create your media contact list and building your relationship with journalists
- Writing persuasive and compelling press releases
- Making your press release stand out from the crowd and getting the timing right
- Developing media strategies that produce results
- Framing and re-framing messages to position your brand effectively
The course is recommended for in-house and client-side PR professionals managing PR and media strategies. It is suitable for anyone involved in writing press releases and creating media campaigns internally or on behalf of clients.
Interested in a group booking, or want to know more?
All our courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Offers and Concessions
Interested in seeing what concessions may apply to you? Whether you are a charity or looking for group rates, we have special offers available to suit your circumstances and budgets.
Explore these three related courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
An amazing experience! I have learned so much and I am excited to go back to work.
Head of Communications
Diana’s PR campaign course was so thorough and useful. I’ve come away from the course feeling a lot more confident!”
Really enjoyed the session! Great to be learning from such well-informed professionals who have a great experience to share.