Media Relations and
Press Release Writing
1 Day: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Certificate
Contact us for group rates
Managing your media campaigns and engagement is an essential skill for PR professionals. Learning how to enhance your relationship with the press and writing stand-out press releases are the building blocks for communicating your brand effectively. The Media Relations and Press Releasing short course covers the practical elements of creating structure and strategies around your media relations and writing effective press releases.
The training will focus at identifying the most suitable types of media for your brand, how to build your media contacts and how to structure and write newsworthy and compelling press releases. You will also learn how to strategically plan your media campaigns.
- Understand the different types of media and build your contacts with journalists
- Write effective press releases, with a focus on structure, tone and balance
- Develop a successful media strategy
- Frame your branding messages within your media communications
- Exploring the different types of media
- Understanding how to create your media contact list and building your relationship with journalists
- Writing persuasive and compelling press releases
- Making your press release stand out from the crowd and getting the timing right
- Developing media strategies that produce results
- Framing and reframing messages to position your brand effectively
The course is recommended for in-house and client-side PR professionals managing PR and media strategies. It is suitable for anyone involved in writing press releases and creating media campaigns, internally or on behalf of clients.
Offers and Concessions
The charity rate is a 15% discount.
Use code CHARITY15 to get 15% off your booking.
The group rate is a 15% discount for groups of 3.
Use code GROUP15 to get 15% off your booking.
If your group is more than 3,
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for our special rates.
Interested in a group booking, instalment payment, or want to know more?
All of our short courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Explore these three related short courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
I was trained by an institution capable of turning the teaching and learning process into a truly memorable experience. My new journey starts with you LSPR! Thank you for everything.
Oana Violeta Tiron
Assistant Project Manager
Diana’s PR campaign course was so thorough and useful. I’ve come away from the course feeling a lot more confident!”
Really enjoyed the session! Great to be learning from such well-informed professionals who have a great experience to share.