Fundamentals of Risk Management and Crisis Communications
5 Days: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Diploma
Contact us for group rates
Our 5-day Diploma Course: Fundamentals of Risk Management & Crisis Communications for PR Professionals equips you with essential skills in Strategic Risk Management and Crisis Communications tailored for PR professionals. Navigate today’s challenges by mastering crisis planning, risk assessment, and proactive communications strategies to safeguard brand integrity and ensure organisational preparedness.
This comprehensive course dives into risk assessment methodologies, crisis plan development, event management, internal communications and assembling crisis teams. Gain practical insights into minimising risks by analysing current issues and trends while keeping your communications strategy flexible and updated.
Develop actionable skills immediately transferable to your workplace. Be prepared to handle uncertainties, lead crisis communications effectively, and fortify your organisation’s resilience against potential threa
- Manage your crisis communications
- Enhance internal communications and engagement
- Manage the risk factors when event planning
- Understand how to manage risk and implement a crisis plan
- Prepare for media handling during a crisis
Day 1 – Planning your Crisis Communications
- Exploring the benefits of early risk management and intervention in avoiding a crisis
- Integrating your internal communications to your crisis planning. Using effective internal communications to deliver key messages during times of change
Day 2 – Strategic Event Management
- Align memorable events to brand values and goals
- Manage logistics, budgets, and timelines skilfully
- Engage audiences before, during and after events
- Develop contingency plans to minimize disruptions, anticipate issues and handle risk
- Implement safety and security measures appropriately
Day 3 – Internal Communications
- Enhancing internal communications and engagement
- Exploring different approaches and systems for internal communications
- Improving your listening skills and tackling performance problems effectively
- Setting clear objectives through clear and consistent messages
- Team-building and cohesive working relationships
Day 4 – Risk and Crisis Management
- Managing risk and minimise damage to the reputation of the brand
- Identifying and develop issue management plans and analysis
- Engaging and communicating difficult issues with key stakeholders
- Developing an effective media communications plan
Day 5 – Crisis Media Handling
- Media handling during a crisis, using the best practice in media interviews
- Different types of media interviews, including media briefings and press conferences
- Framing and staying on message during an interview
- Preparing crisis messages – being proactive and not reactive
- Giving interviews under pressure and dealing with difficult and tricky questions
The course is suitable for anyone working in marketing, PR, and communications, in-house, or consulting agency and is involved in risk assessment or managing your brand’s reputation.
It will equip you with the core skills required to prepare for the unexpected and proactively anticipate risk and effectively handle a crisis to protect the brand’s reputation.
You will learn how to minimise risk by reviewing current issues, trends, and risk situations.
- Monday 11th December 2023 (In-Person)
- Monday 8th January 2024 (In-Person)
- Monday 22nd January 2024 (Online)
- Monday 5th February 2024 (In-Person)
- Monday 19th February 2024 (Online)
Offers and Concessions
The charity rate is a 15% discount.
Use code CHARITY15 to get 15% off your booking.
The group rate is a 15% discount for groups of 3.
Use code GROUP15 to get 15% off your booking.
If your group is more than 3,
Contact us at email@example.com for our special rates.
Interested in a group booking, instalment payment or want to know more?
All of our short courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Explore these three related short courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
Thank you all for making me feel so welcome before and during the course.
Head of Communications
Very engaging session. I’m leaving with some very practical advice which I can implement straight away.
The course on crisis communication was very rich and armed me with a fresh perspective on the subject.