5 Days: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Diploma
Contact us for group rates
The 5-day Business Communications Skills course will help you improve your writing skills and your ability to communicate effectively in professional settings. This practical and comprehensive course will help you communicate better with the media, stakeholders, clients and your colleagues.
You will learn how to adapt your writing to specific purposes (persuade, entertain, inform, explain and describe), whilst also improving the clarity and conciseness of your writing. You will also explore how to write compelling blogs and the power of storytelling.
- Write for business
- Write a powerful business report
- Write an effective business email
- Format a business document
- Copy edit your own work, as well as other people’s
- Write interesting and impactful blogs
- Write press releases
- Utilise storytelling in your everyday communication
Day 1 – Business Writing
- Enhance your professional writing communication across platforms
- Identify and clarify your aims and objectives of business communications
- Pitch the style and tone right
- Develop writing styles to relay key messages to various audiences
- Tackle tricky grammar and punctuation, with easy-to-follow rules
- Relay your corporate message across
- Carry out final checks: drafts, proofing, and copy editing
Day 2 – Blog Writing
- Benefits of blogs to your brand as a powerful marketing tool
- Define your target audience
- Develop a content strategy for your blogs that targets and engages your readers
- Create credible content for your blogs and the building blocks for the structure
- Maximise your digital marketing opportunities with your blogging
- Create an effective SEO strategy for your blog
Day 3 – Copy Editing
- Elements of writing style and making dense copy easier and more interesting to read
- Working through tricky spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Writing catchy headlines, punchy intros and interesting captions
- House style – Components of a house style guide and its benefits, establishing and maintaining a clear style guide
Day 4 – Communications and Storytelling
- To choose the right story and apply effective storytelling skills
- To establish the key elements of storytelling
- To create narrative patterns
- To enhance your speaking techniques
- To reach and engage an audience
- To reach your communications objectives
Day 5 – Media writing skills
- Write effective press releases with the correct structure, balance, tone, and style
- Develop a successful media strategy
- Make social media work for your media campaigns
- Frame your branding messages within your media communications
This Business Communications course is suitable for anyone interested in improving their overall communications skills in a workplace context. This could range from graduates to C-level executives.
LSPR Professional Development Diploma. The Diploma is recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certification Service: www.cpduk.co.uk
Interested in a group booking, or want to know more?
All our courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Offers and Concessions
Interested in seeing what concessions may apply to you? Whether you are a charity or looking for group rates, we have special offers available to suit your circumstances and budgets.
Explore these three related courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
I very much enjoyed this course. It included everything I wanted to know… I only wish it lasted longer!
The course has grounded me in a better understanding of the industry processes and interdependencies.
Really enjoyed the session! Great to be learning from such well-informed professionals who have a great experience to share.
Want to know more?
Book a free 15-minute chat with one of our advisors