The Fundamentals of
5 Days: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Diploma
Contact us for group rates
Public Relations in Business is vital in delivering the right message to the right people at the right place, which creates a stronger brand reputation. The training helps you obtain essential skills in Public Relations for developing robust strategies that enhance the reputation of your brand and corporate image. The training is packed with the fundamental PR skills needed to build and develop your career in communications. The course will cover reputation management, branding strategies, effective PR campaigns, developing a strategy for enhancing your social responsibility, ESG and sustainability, risk and crisis management, media relations, and press release writing.
Professional expert trainers offer inclusive up-to-date content and encourage group participation and discussion to gain a full understanding of how reputation is the primary strategic route to success for businesses in a digital era and supports you in developing your PR and communication skills.
- To build a robust reputation through trust and transparency into the brand
- To manage your brand
- To create PR strategies and impactful campaigns
- To manage risk and crisis
- To enhance stakeholder engagement
- To develop and implement CSR, ESG and sustainability strategies
- To effectively handle Media relations and press campaigns
Day 1 – Branding and Reputation Management
- Creating effective strategies to build your product or service into a desirable brand
- Understanding how the visual tangible and non-physical intangible elements of the brand shape perception
- Delving deeper into the intangibles: how they impact the reputation and create meaning and identity for the brand
- Exploring reputation management strategies
- Communication strategies for positioning your brand to create loyalty and trust
Day 2 – PR Strategies and Campaigns
- Establishing your PR goals and objectives
- Creating successful internal communications strategies, to gain maximum engagement
- Identifying your external audiences, and establishing engagement
- Using SMART objectives to achieve your PR goals
- Planning your budgeting, in terms of human and other resources, for the best outcomes
- Evaluating and measuring the success of your campaigns
Day 3 – CSR and Sustainability
- Setting the scene for current CSR and ESG issues
- Exploring how CSR and ESG strategies are changing and evolving
- Social and environmental approaches to CSR
- Ensuring CSR helps build brand equity, improves reputation, and enhance trust and values
- CSR as an integral part of your internal communications
- CSR as a strategic tool to enhance stakeholder engagement
- Strategies and methods to communicate CSR ideas and programmes
Case studies: examples of good CSR practices in terms of social and environmental perspectives.
Day 4 – Risk and Crisis Management
- Understanding the different types of risk and the benefits of risk management
- Exploring risk and issues assessment techniques to minimise exposure
- The importance of crisis management
- Creating a crisis communications plan
- Assembling your crisis team
- Utilising internal communications and leadership during a crisis
- Implementing reputation management and social monitoring during a crisis
Day 5 – Media Relations and Press Release Writing
- Exploring the different types of media
- Understanding how to create your media contact list and building your relationship with journalists
- Writing persuasive and compelling press releases
- Making your press release stand out from the crowd and getting the timing right
- Developing media strategies that produce results
- Framing and re-framing messages to position your brand effectively
If you are working in PR and communications, in-house or as part of a consultancy, or looking to enter the industry, then this course is perfect in giving you the essential practical tools to handle your role in PR. The training highlights the strategic role and scope of the PR practitioner and provides an excellent grounding in the fundamentals of PR. The course will benefit you whether your role is entry level, evolving, or a more senior role is opening to you.
In summary, it will appeal to you if you are working in any field of public relations (for example running successful PR campaigns, media relations, internal, external communications, CSR, Sustainability, risk, planning, crisis management, events, or stakeholder engagement). With this course, you can show that you are committed to your professional development and can operate at a strategic level.
Interested in a group booking, or want to know more?
All our courses are designed to be flexible to suit your needs and demands.
Offers and Concessions
Interested in seeing what concessions may apply to you? Whether you are a charity or looking for group rates, we have special offers available to suit your circumstances and budgets.
Explore these three related courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
An amazing experience! I have learned so much and I am excited to go back to work.
Head of Communications
Diana’s PR campaign course was so thorough and useful. I’ve come away from the course feeling a lot more confident!”
Really enjoyed the session! Great to be learning from such well-informed professionals who have a great experience to share.