The Fundamentals of
5 Days: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Diploma
To save 15% , use a discount code CHARITY15 if you are a charity or GROUP15 if you are a group
The Fundamentals of PR Diploma course is LSPR’s flagship course. The 5 topics will cover reputation management and branding strategies, effective PR campaigns, strategies for enhancing social responsibility, ESG and sustainability, risk and crisis management, media relations, and press release writing.
The training helps you develop robust strategies to enhance the reputation of your brand and corporate identity. The delivery focuses on the practical skills needed to build and develop your career in PR and communications.
Our industry experts deliver engaging, practical, up-to-date content and tips to encourage participation and discussion The focus is to support you in your PR and communication skills development and career progression.
- Utilise reputation management strategies to build value, trust and transparency into your brand and enhance stakeholder engagement
- Create strategies for impactful PR campaigns
- Manage risk and crisis
- Develop and implement CSR, ESG and sustainability strategies
- Handle your media relations, press release writing and press campaigns
Day 1: Branding and Reputation Management Strategies
- Effective reputation management strategies to position your brand
- Understanding the tangible and visual elements of the brand in shaping our perception
- The intangible elements of branding to enhance values, trust, transparency, loyalty and positive associations
Day 2: Strategies for your PR Campaigns
- Establishing the objectives of your PR campaigns – toolkit: SMART goals
- Creating successful internal communications strategies, to gain your team’s engagement and utilise their skills
- Identifying your external audiences, and enhancing engagement
- Planning your budgeting, by allocating resources, for the best outcomes
- Evaluating and measuring the success of your campaigns
Day 3: Sustainable CSR and ESG Strategies
- CSR strategies to build equity and enhance trust in your brand
- Incorporating CSR into your internal communications and HR strategies
- CSR as a strategic tool to enhance stakeholder engagement
- Risk management verses social values
- Current trends affecting communication around CSR
- Case studies: examples of sustainable CSR practices
Day 4: Managing Risk and Crisis
- The different types of risk
- The process and benefits of risk management
- Risk assessment techniques
- The process of issues management
- Consequences of not managing risk
- Planning for a crisis and the importance of crisis plans and holding statements
Day 5: Media Handling and Press Campaigns
- The different types of media
- Ideas for developing a media campaign
- Understanding the media landscape
- Creating your media contact list and building your relationship with journalists
- Press release writing: persuasive, accurate, using factual tone, the style, the structure and using compelling content for a press release that stands out from the crowd
- Ideas for developing your media campaigns
This course is suitable for PR Professionals looking to learn more about the fundamentals or to improve and expand on their skills.
LSPR Professional Development Diploma. The Certificate is recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certification Service: www.cpduk.co.uk
Interested in a group booking, or want to know more?
All our courses are designed to be flexible to suit your needs and demands.
Offers and Concessions
Interested in seeing what concessions may apply to you? Whether you are a charity or looking for group rates, we have special offers available to suit your circumstances and budgets.
Explore these three related courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
An amazing experience! I have learned so much and I am excited to go back to work.
Head of Communications
Diana’s PR campaign course was so thorough and useful. I’ve come away from the course feeling a lot more confident!”
Really enjoyed the session! Great to be learning from such well-informed professionals who have a great experience to share.
Want to know more?
Book a free 15-minute chat with one of our advisors