1 Day: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Certificate
Contact us for group rates
When a crisis strikes, the way that you communicate with the media is often critical to emerging with an intact reputation. It is critical that you, and your crisis communications team are confident in handling media interview techniques and remain compassionate, authoritative, and in control.
We will help deliver practical solutions so that you and your organisation can manage a crisis under the glare of the media and stay calm under pressure. The training covers how to develop and deliver holding statements, handle impromptu interviews, organise effective press conferences and deal with media requests. It also helps you develop the skills and confidence to deal with major crisis interviews.
- Be prepared for different types of media interviews
- Improve your confidence in readiness for an interview
- Handle questions with authority and impact
- Prepare for difficult questions and handle them under pressure
- Techniques to stay focused on your messaging
- Handling media interview during a crisis using best practice using role play and feedback
- Preparing crisis messages and being proactive and not reactive
- Giving interviews under pressure and dealing with difficult and tricky questions
- Framing and staying on message during an interview
- Communicating in a rapidly developing situation before the full facts are known
- Effectively using body language, and tone of voice
If you are working in PR and communications, in-house or as part of a consultancy, or looking to enter the industry, then this course is perfect in giving you the essential practical tools to handle your role in PR. The training highlights the strategic role and scope of the PR practitioner and provides an excellent grounding in the fundamentals of PR. The course will benefit you whether your role is entry level, evolving, or a more senior role is opening to you.
In summary, I will appeal to you if you are working in any field of public relations (for example running successful PR campaigns, media relations, internal, external communications, CSR, Sustainability, risk, planning, crisis management, events, or stakeholder engagement). With this course, you can show that you are committed to your professional development and can operate at a strategic level.
LSPR Professional Development Certificate. The Certificate is recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certification Service: http://www.cpduk.co.uk
Interested in a group booking, or want to know more?
All our courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Offers and Concessions
Interested in seeing what concessions may apply to you? Whether you are a charity or looking for group rates, we have special offers available to suit your circumstances and budgets.
Explore these three related courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
Thank you all for making me feel so welcome before and during the course.
Head of Communications
Very engaging session. I’m leaving with some very practical advice which I can implement straight away.
I enjoyed the course. The size of the group was small, so I could ask a lot of questions & relate it back to what I do.
Want to know more?
Book a free 15-minute chat with one of our advisors