1 Day: 10:30am - 3:30pm
May be subject to minor time alterations
CPD Accredited Certificate
Contact us for group rates
When a crisis strikes, the way that you communicate with the media is often critical to emerging with an intact reputation. It is critical that you and your crisis communications team are confident in media interview techniques and remain compassionate, authoritative, and in control.
We will help deliver practical solutions so that you and your organisation can manage a crisis under the glare of the media and stay calm under pressure. The course covers how to develop and deliver holding statements, handle impromptu interviews, organise effective press conferences and deal with media requests. It also helps you develop the skills and confidence to deal with major crisis interviews.
- Be prepared for different types of media interviews
- Improve your confidence in readiness for an interview
- Handle questions with authority and impact
- Prepare for difficult questions and handle them under pressure
- Techniques to stay focused on your messaging
- Handling media interview during a crisis using best practice using role play and feedback
- Preparing crisis messages and being proactive and not reactive
- Giving interviews under pressure and dealing with difficult and tricky questions
- Framing and staying on message during an interview
- Communicating in a rapidly developing situation before the full facts are known
- Effectively using body language, and tone of voice
This course is suitable for those working in PR and communications or looking to enter the industry, by giving you the essential practical tools for handling media relations and crisis communications. The training highlights the strategic role and scope of the PR practitioner and provides an excellent grounding in the fundamentals of PR. The course will benefit you whether your role is entry level, evolving, or a more senior role is opening to you.
In summary, it will appeal to you if you are working in any field of public relations (for example running successful PR campaigns, media relations, internal, external communications, CSR, Sustainability, risk, planning, crisis management, events, or stakeholder engagement). With this course, you can show that you are committed to your professional development and can operate at a strategic level.
- Friday 6th October 2023 (Online)
- Friday 20th October 2023 (In-Person)
- Friday 3rd November 2023 (Online)
- Friday 17th November 2023 (In-Person)
- Friday 1st December 2023 (Online)
- Friday 15th December 2023 (In-Person)
Offers and Concessions
The charity rate is a 15% discount.
Use code CHARITY15 to get 15% off your booking.
The group rate is a 15% discount for groups of 3.
Use code GROUP15 to get 15% off your booking.
If your group is more than 3,
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for our special rates.
Interested in a group booking, instalment payment, or want to know more?
All of our short courses are designed to be flexible to your needs and demands
Explore these three related courses – chosen and recommended by our industry experts.
Our Happy Clients
Thank you all for making me feel so welcome before and during the course.
Head of Communications
Very engaging session. I’m leaving with some very practical advice which I can implement straight away.
The course on crisis communication was very rich and armed me with a fresh perspective on the subject.