Getting your Communication Right
Having clear communications helps shape perception about your brand. Formulating a communications campaign around your brand’s positioning is vital. Although the plan and campaign are important for engagement, the purpose can be missed in the excitement of generating the next big creative idea.
No doubt about it, creativity drives change and purpose – but the driving force has to be the meaning behind your message. It needs to resonate with your audience and leave an impact. The art of storytelling can generate many emotions, it can grip us, make us laugh, fall in love and be invested in the journey. The brand is no longer a one-dimensional concept, but something which touches our being. Story telling can shape a relationship and create a connection between the audience and the brand.
Here are my 10 top tips for getting your communications right:
- Who are you targeting? Know your audience
- Set out clear goals and objectives – what are you wanting to achieve?
- Choose the right platform for your communications – keep it focused and not spread too thinly
- Get your timing right – research what else is happening before launching
- What impression do you want to create?
- Have clarity of purpose
- Keep your messaging clear, consistent and easy to understand – simple is effective
- Have a compelling story to tell
- Find your creative angle – engage on an emotional level
- Evaluate and effectiveness – have measurable outputs and if necessary adjust the tactics and actions