How Content Marketing Can Help Your Business
Content marketing is the process of creating and providing consumers with content that is valuable, relevant and has a purpose. Your brand should be retaining loyal consumers, otherwise they may look elsewhere for what they want.
In order to create newly engaged consumers you have to create content that not only answers their questions but also is valuable to your company, and thus become a Thought Leader. This type of marketing is solely for your customers to benefit from your professional opinion.
The key to creating content that will attract consumers or customers is to provide them with something that is, well – attractive. First you should make sure that the platform that you are providing the content on is attractive itself. This applies for both online or print (remember to keep up with the latest design trends for a clean look).
Secondly, consider the best way to present your new and helpful content. Do you have high quality images that are modern and relevant? Perhaps this is a chance for you to market your own product or service. Are you formatting your content in an aesthetic way? It’s also helpful to not overtly sell your business to consumers but nudge them to your website or social media channel so that they can find out more or let the reader know that you offer this service.
Thirdly, you must make sure that you create content that is valuable, different and constructive. This information will enhance their knowledge and improve how they live their life. Use your expertise to teach others. Not only will this let others know that you have experience, but they will keep you in their memory – as long as your content is memorable.
- Do not just provide information about what you are selling. Put your opinion into your business to personalise is; create a familiar, friendly and resourceful face.
- Write content for your customers – what do your customers want? Are they interested in improving a skill or perhaps they would like facts and figures that you, as a professional, can provide?
- Perhaps in your line of business you were asked a certain question multiple times – can it be answered in a blog?
- Write about your product – highlight its abilities and how to use it. Expand on this and show them other ways that they could use your product.
- Create a video that you can include on your website/blog – People respond to visuals. Make sure your videos are detailed but short (create a script if you need to and remember you have video editing tools available out there).
- Make customers want to use your product or service – how is this different, how are you different?
- Tell others how to perform certain tasks. Maybe you have a Press Release writing service; do your customers know how to construct a press release? Show them how. Become a Thought Leader in your industry.